Friday, November 18, 2011

Art for a Changing World

Every term at the Dharma School we have a theme to which a lot of our work relates. The theme for Term Four is Environmental Balance Inquiry. As part of this theme, Paul asked the Bigs to do a drawing relating to an environmental slogan. Here is what three students came up with:

Gabriel

This is a  picture of the earth as a melting candle. I drew this picture in our inquiry lesson when we were making environmental slogans.


This slogan is on the theme of pollution and global warming. My idea was that the world is like a candle and it will melt away if we don't stop it from becoming hotter. 

Will we melt as well?

Zephyr


I did this picture in art about climate change. C4 is a kind of explosive. If climate change continues the world will be ruined forever and nothing will be able to live on the planet any more.

One of the things I wrote was WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME so we need to plant more trees and ride more bikes not pollute the world by driving cars and having wars.

As a nine year old I feel we have a lot of work to do so that the world will continue for other human beings, animals and plants.

In my picture I tried to show how urgent the message is. We have no time to lose.

Ruben

This picture of the earth as a grenade represents how fragile the earth is, and if we treat it badly it will be destroyed and we won't be able to live here anymore.


A grenade doesn't work unless the pin is pulled so we still have time until we destroy it. We can still save our world but we have to stop cutting down trees and building cities. At our school we planted around about 190 trees but we kept some in case some died.

I looked up for a picture on the internet and found a picture of an awesome golden grenade, so I drew up a version of my own and drew islands and made up continents.

I loved this idea because I thought it represents our earth, and I really care about our planet, and I know that a lot of people do as well.

No comments: